Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Graphics Dojo

I have been traveling and working a lot lately. I was attending Bossa Conference, which was the best organized Open Source conference I had the pleasure of attending. I got to hang out with people I normally spend very little time with like Rasterman. Raster and I had some time to sit down and talk about graphics, Qt, Evas, chickens (don't ask), him being a crab killer (again, don't ask) and just have a lot of fun. Chris explained a few things about LLVM to me. It's always fun to hang out with Marcelo as well. All around it was a great time.

I went to spend a little time with my "family" in England last week which was also just amazing.

The most important news though is that thanks to amazing work that Marius did on labs.trolltech.com I've got a Qt focused graphics corner. Being a Graphics Ninja, I've decided to call it the Graphics Dojo. The first action point was the release of some of the examples that I wrote in my spare time. You can take a look at an overview here or go directly to page 1 or page 2. There's a few ones I've never shown before, like Mario Klingemann influenced Ring of Fire.



I hope that the "Graphics Dojo" and the articles which I'll be posting on it will help everyone write better looking interfaces.

5 comments:

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri said...

Hi Zack, I was wondering if you went home all right after Bossa! :-)

I'm waiting for that benchmark where llvm-gcc will outperform microsoft's compiler with Qt :-)

I'm now wondering benefits of compiling whole kde with it, using link time optimizations and other new features!

PS: we've forwarded your notice about Bossa Conference organization to Janaina, she must be happy :-)

Thanks,

Anonymous said...

Thank you sensei !

Your examples are really great : short enough to understand them, and really interesting.

Thanks

Will Stokes said...

Is it possible to browse the example codes whihc are in svn using viewvc or viewcvs like most svn repositories provide? Making links from your example pages so we can quickly and easily view the code would rock.

-Will Stokes

peppelorum said...

The image seems to be lost, or labs.troll.no down, or something;-)

peppelorum said...

ah, labs.trolltech.com was the right adress;-)